Wednesday 21 December 2016

5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Running

I started running longer distances about fifteen years ago. Before that I would run a mile or two to keep in shape for soccer and then call it quits. What got me started running distance? My ego. 

Buy the Right Running Shoes

I think the first shoes I ran in were some old-model New Balance I bought off the shelf at JCPenney for about thirty bucks. Now, I am not saying you have to drop a lot of money on shoes, but you do need to buy the right shoes for you. 
 
RELATED: Running Shoes: What You Need to Know to Buy the Right One For You
 
Take the time to get fitted. Your local running store should be able to figure out what kind of shoe you need (yes, supination and pronation are real things). I’m pretty sure the shoes I ran that first road marathon in were trail shoes that were at least a half-size too small, judging by the condition of my feet at the end. Learn from my mistakes, love your feet, and go get fitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment